My family and I often enjoy relaxing on the patio on a summer evening or
hosting a cookout to entertain friends. Even my five-year-old prefers to
dine al fresco when the weather allows. So naturally, we require some extra
lighting in the backyard. As you well know, I often turn to Allen+Roth
products which are of high quality, affordable, and eco-friendly. However,
they don’t make solar path lights. Allen and Roth solar landscape lights simply do not exist.
While surfing on Amazon though, I came across Enchanted Spaces Solar Path
Lights. Right away, I was intrigued by their unique design and the fact
that they come in packs of six.
These perfect additions greatly enhance our front yard or backyard landscape
and décor. They add to both the beauty and safety factors of our outdoor
living space. Plus, they are eco-friendly, which is a popular trend out
here in California. They’re a great alternative to Allen and Roth by
What’s enchanting about Enchanted Spaces Solar Path Lights?
When you combine beauty and functionality together, you get a great
product. The Enchanted Spaces Solar Path Lights possess a lovely bronze
finish. The plastic lenses look so much like actual glass that you won’t
tell the difference. The curvy design of the lens causes the light to emit
rays in a spiral pattern. This lends a very ethereal quality to our outdoor
- New Design Includes Real Glass Lens which produces star shaped light effect, Real Metal Ground Stake, Extra Bright LED...
- Each Bronze Solar Path Light contains one AA 500mAh Ni-Mh rechargeable battery (included)
- Includes 6 Metal Ground stakes that cannot be broken. The lights are 16" x 4.5" (12" above the ground, 4" below)
Also, I like the fact that this set includes a rechargeable lithium
battery. Each light also has its own LED bulb. Without wiring to worry
about, this looks like installation will be a breeze. You can simply place
each 16″ x 4.5″ unit straight into the ground like a stake. Plus, there’s
an on/off switch to save on battery power.
Moreover, these lights are quite the eco-friendly product. They shine for a
good amount of time, but even that can be regulated. And with the solar
power option, I feel better knowing I’m doing my part to help the
environment. Likewise, this will also save on my electric bill.
Pros of the Solar Path Lights
So the Enchanted Space Solar Path Lights have a lot of advantages. Here are
just a few of the benefits that you’d enjoy:
- Replacement warranty if anything breaks
- Long-lasting LED bulb in each unit
- Solar power panels, which makes this an eco-friendly product
- An on/off switch for more control
- Very durable bronze finish with plastic domes-no glass to worry
- Really cool spiral design created by the lights when turned on
- Automatic luminescence when the sun goes down
So, not bad at all for not being an Allen + Roth product!
Cons of the solar panel lights
Just like anything else, this product has a few drawbacks. These include:
- Having to send the light back to the company for a replacement bulb
when it goes out
- A requirement of full sun exposure during the day for an optimum
charge; otherwise, they won’t stay on as long
- Extra caution that still has to be taken; you would need to make
sure nobody accidentally kicks one. And watch out for those soccer balls!
However, you can more than likely get around some of these disadvantages.
For instance, my five-year-old likes to skip around the yard to “feed” the
lights with his little pink flashlight on cloudy days (meaning, he shines
her light directly on the panels). Talk about imagination!
Final Thoughts and Tips
Too bad Allen and Roth solar landscape lights do not exist.
But it’s good I found an alternative to them! Although these solar lights are not my usual
products from Allen + Roth, I am still quite satisfied with the look and
performance of the Enchanted Spaces Solar Path Lights.
And here are a few tips to remember before installing:
- Measure the area where you plan to install lights
- Assess whether or not the area has enough exposure to the sun to
ensure an adequate charge
- Determine how long you would need to illuminate the area
- Take a picture of the area with you or a paint chip that has the
main color scheme to hold up against the package to see if they
Also, here some ideas for incorporating solar path lights:
- Line them up along a stone path walkway that leads to your home’s
- Place them along the parameter of your front yard
- Position alongside flower beds to give an other-worldly glow on
bushes and shrubs
- Line them up along the backyard fence for additional lighting in
- Wrap around a small goldfish pond
With their versatile design and the bronze finish that goes with just about
anything, you can’t go wrong with the Enchanted Spaces Solar Path Lights.
Last update on 2020-02-19 at 15:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API